Bratislava - the capital city of Slovakia.jpg
Slovak flag

Mirbach Palace

Mirbach Palace

  ... on Franciscan Square is a Rococco jewel built in 1768-1770 by a brewer by the name of Michal Spech using a design by M.Hollrigl. In front of this four-winged building with its central courtyard stands a pillar with two stone coats-of-arms. The Rococco banisters on the staircase are decorated with ornamental art. Of note is also the small chamber lined in wooden paneling with special insets for graphic Rococco lettering. There are several civic exhibitions located there at this time. The Bastion inside Michael's Tower hosts an exhibition of weapons and describes the town's fortifications. On top of the copper roof is a statue of St. Michael.
Bratislava City, Slovakia