Bratislava - the capital city of Slovakia.jpg

D˙bravka

D˙bravka

  It is a part of Bratislava since 1946. The original settlement there existed already in the 14th century and belonged to the Devin castle. The earliest written document is from 1576. In 1866 the war between Prussia and Austria ended in its territory and the village was burned down. Its most important historical monuments are the Baroque church of St. Cosma and Damian from 1723, its side altar was made in the Donner workshop; and the villa rustica-the national cultural monument recorded by UNESCO.

Area: 8.6 km2
Number of inhabitants: 38 950
Population density per km2: 4 528

Bratislava City, Slovakia